口语英语实用生活英语口语

美语情景对话 第294期:The Galapagos 加拉帕戈斯群岛

本文已影响 2.08W人 

Todd: OK, Jose, you just said you went to the GAlapagos Islands.

托德:好,何塞,你说你去过加拉帕戈斯群岛。

Jose: Yes.

何塞:没错。

Todd: Can you talk about the Galapagos?

托德:你能谈谈加拉帕戈斯群岛吗?

Jose: Yes, the Galapagos, as everybody knows is such a unique place and I went there and by chance I was in the same tour like with President Carter.

何塞:当然,就像所有人都知道的那样,加拉帕戈斯群岛是一个非常独特的地方,我在偶然间遇到了去那里旅行的卡特总统。

Todd: Really!

托德:真的吗?

Jose: Yeah!

何塞:对!

Todd: Wow! He's my favorite president.

托德:哇!他是我最喜欢的总统。

Jose: Well, it's so interesting because you know the guy was, I mean when went there, all of a sudden I had this strange people looking at me. I say, "What happened? What's wrong?" There were 8 bodyguards with the guy.

何塞:嗯,这很有意思,因为你知道当时他……,我是说我去那里的时候,突然看到一个奇怪的人看着我。于是我问:“发生什么事了?怎么了?”当时他身边有8名保镖。

Todd: No kidding!

托德:别开玩笑了!

Jose: Yes! He was with his wife and his daughter and the child. Yeah it was interesting. You know that's just one anecdote but still, I'm , the Galapagos Islands, what I can tell you is that, it's a unique place, but you have to go there, sooner than later is better because I think the whole ecosystem will collapse.

何塞:就是这样!他和妻子、女儿、外孙一起去度假。这很有意思。你知道这只是一件轶事,不过我可以告诉你,加拉帕戈斯群岛是一个独特的地方,我认为你一定要尽早去那里看看,因为我想那里的整个生态系统将会崩塌。

Todd: Oh, no!

托德:哦,不!

Jose: Yeah! The situation is very complicated because lack of ---- of the government. The poor fisherman, and they don't have any kind of way to actually make a living by destroying the system. And all the money just goes to the big tourist companies that are taking tourists and you go to the capital, to Quito, but the people on the Islands, they don't have money, so they are, there's no control, for fishing, I mean, sharks and lobsters and tuna and so on, so everything is terrible. I was very very upset with the situation, and also you know, it's a kind of tourism for rich people and I was the only Ecuadorian in the group

何塞:是这样。那里的情况非常复杂,因为缺少政府的管理。那里的渔民很贫穷,由于生态系统被破坏,实际上他们并没有谋生的方法。而所有的营利都进了大型旅游公司的口袋,他们会带游客旅游,你可能会去首都基多,但是那些岛上的人们没有收入来源,所以那里对渔业并没有管制,我是说,他们会捕食鲨鱼、龙虾、金枪鱼等等,所有的事情都非常糟糕。我对那里的现状非常担心,而且你知道,这对富人来说是旅游,而我是那个团里唯一的厄瓜多尔人。

Todd: Really! That's not good.

托德:真的吗?那不太好。

Jose: Yes, that's not good. You know we were just servers and waitresses and waiters and Ecuadorians so, for me it was, I was 5 days there. You know it's very beautiful to see the animals and birds but me being an Ecuadorian I had a completely different point of view. I was very disappointed frankly.

何塞:对,不太好。你知道我们只是服务员、服务生、厄瓜多尔人,我在那里待了五天的时间。你知道见到那些动物和鸟类是件美好的事情,但是我作为厄瓜多尔人来说,却有着完全不同的看法。坦率地说,我非常失望。

美语情景对话 第294期:The Galapagos 加拉帕戈斯群岛

重点讲解:
1. by chance
偶然;碰巧;
eg. He had a slip of tongue by chance.
他偶然说走嘴。
eg. He had met Mr Maude by chance.
他曾邂逅过莫德先生。
2. all of a sudden
突然地;出乎意料地;
eg. All of a sudden she didn't look sleepy any more.
她突然看起来一点都不困了。
eg. All of a sudden we heard an unearthly cry.
我们突然听到一声怪叫。
3. sooner than later
尽早;尽快;
eg. Your emotions could explode if you don't face them sooner than later.
如果你不尽早面对它们,你的情绪会爆发。
eg. With more individuals like Ahmad Bukhari, that change could come sooner than later.
随着越来越多的人喜欢艾哈迈德布哈里,这种变化迟早会来。
4. and so on
及诸如此类;等等;
eg. He is interested in art, and music, and books, and so on.
他对美术、音乐、书等都感兴趣。
eg. She spends her day doing housework, watching television, reading, and so on.
她以做家务、看电视、看书等度过一天的时光。
5. point of view
(对事物的)观点,见解,态度;
eg. He could not put across his point of view to the audience.
他没能使听众理解他的观点。
eg. He disagree, but we can win him over to our point of view.
他不同意,可是我们能说服他赞同我们的看法。

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章