双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第13章:古尔玛凯的日记(12)
Before I closed the school door I looked back as if it were the last time I would ever be at school.
关上校门的一瞬间,我回头望去,仿佛是在跟我的校园生活永别。That's the closing shot in one part of the documentary.
这一幕成为这部纪录片一个段落的结尾。In reality I went back inside.
而在现实生活里,我又回到学校的院子里。
My friends and I didn't want that day to end so we decided to stay on for a while longer.
朋友们和我都不希望这天就此结束,所以我们决定再逗留一段时间。We went to the primary school where there was more space to run around and played cops and robbers.
我们来到小学部,那里有更大的空间给我们奔跑,玩官兵抓强盗的游戏,Then we played mango mango, where you make a circle and sing, then when the song stops everyone has to freeze.
然后,我们玩了“杧果杧果”。规则是参加游戏的人围成一个圆圈唱歌,当歌声停止时,所有的人都静止不动。Anyone who moves or laughs is out.
谁要是动了或是笑了,就得出局。We came home from school late that day.
那天,我们较晚才离开学校,依依不舍。Usually we leave at 1 p.m. but that day we stayed till three.
平时我们下午1点下课。那天,我们则待到了3点。Before we left, Moniba and I had an argument over something so silly I can't remember what it was.
临走时,因为一件蠢到我现在完全都想不起来的事情,莫妮巴和我起了争执。Our friends couldn't believe it.
朋友们都觉得我们令人难以置信。'You two always argue when there's an important occasion!' they said.
她们说:“一到重要关头,你们两个就要吵架!”It wasn't a good way to leave things.
这可不是一个告别的好方式。I told the documentary makers, 'They cannot stop me.
我告诉纪录片制作人:“他们阻止不了我。I will get my education if it's at home, school or somewhere else.
我会在家里、学校,甚至是任何地方接受教育。This is our request to the world – to save our schools, save our Pakistan, save our Swat.'
这是我们探索这个世界的方式——请救救我们的学校,我们的巴基斯坦,我们的斯瓦特。”